Expert-level badassism of Steven Weinberg.
Seen yesterday in Madrid at the workshop “Fine-Tuning, Anthropics and the String Landscape”, specifically in the presentation “Eternal Inflation and the Measure Problem" by Alan Guth. Other speakers were Lisa Randall, Tom Banks, Alexander Vilenkin… Very interesting, you can still watch some conferences live, or recorded, no doubt worth the time if you like cosmology.
We are in the midst of a cosmic flowering of synchronicity that will remove the barriers to the dreamscape itself.
LOL. Click “Reionize electrons" for more postmodern bullshit.
Yep, “postmodernism" is not synonymous of "New Age”, I know that, but there are some links that make both terms interchangeable, at least in some contexts as in this one. Next some references who might support my thoughts on this issue:
- “New Age” Philosophies of Science: Constructivism, Feminism and Post-Modernism. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 51 (2000), 667-683 (PDF)
- Postmodernism Disrobed by Richard Dawkins
- Postmodernism Generator (cited by Dawkins above)
- Random Deepak Chopra quote generator (Thanks darkgob)
- Postmodernism, truth, and bullshit (at Catenary)
- Postmodernism and New Age: the subtle connections (from College and University Dialogue, I have nothing to do with Adventism, however this article arises some legit linkage between Postmodernism and New Age, imho).
In any case I’m interested in this kind of things, and any readings about it are very welcome.